Thursday, March 18, 2021

Spring Shows

I have works in three regional shows this spring: - the Drift Show at the Rountree Gallery in Platteville plus two WRAP shows, one in Madison and one in Richland Center.



The Drift show, Rountree Gallery, Platteville WI 

This is Rountree Gallery's spring show which is open to all artists 18 years and older, residing within 100 miles of Platteville. The opening reception was held on March 12 (Rountree Facebook post). The newly repainted gallery looked terrific and it's a wonderful show with a great variety of work. Plus, on top of that, after a very long year of pandemic isolation, it was soooo wonderful to get out to see in-person art and mingle with other art lovers! 

I entered three pieces which I exhibited in 2020 virtual WRAP shows but which I have not previously exhibited in person - He Was Dubious from the Prairie du Sac WRAP show and Carl and Lemonade from the Cambridge WRAP show.  


Madison WRAP Show

The Madison WRAP show is virtual this year. Madison is always one of the biggest, if not THE biggest WRAP show in the state, and this virtual show is no exception with 111 pieces. View it HERE. Should be up at least through April 3, 2021.

I submitted two of my portrait collages, both mounted on board (17 X 6):





Richland Center WRAP Show
The Richland Center WRAP show is also virtual this year. And also has robust participation - 63 pieces. View it HERE. Will be up at least through March 27th. 

I entered three of my "Faux Encaustic" painted wood blocks which I call my Apothecary Series:





No comments: