Monday, January 9, 2012

Art Charm Jewelry

I've been busy making little Art Charms from various junk. Here's some of what I've come up with.



The dangles on these earrings started out as a pair of semi-translucent plastic beads or buttons (not sure which) that I had in a box of buttons and old jewelry I picked up somewhere. I decoupaged them and used a couple of washes of acrylic paint. Thought they were a bit bulky for a bracelet, so added a few beads and made them into earrings. I originally intended to hang the dangles from a chain instead of a beaded wire so I could call them my Ball and Chain Earrings, but the beads are these very nice aged metal that just seemed right.






This is a mismatched pair of dangle earrings made from hairpins. I was trying out a few different designs. I think I like the longer one on the left best. The other one just doesn't want to hang as nicely.













And here's a completed charm bracelet made from a bunch of Art Charms, most of which were shown in an earlier post. The chain, like much of my raw materials, was a thrift store find. Added some buttons and wooden beads to kind of pull the whole thing together. I see many charm bracelets with widely spaced charms. Great for appreciating each individual charm, but not surprisingly, I go for the wild and totally mixed-up chunky look.

2 comments:

Chris Hansen said...

Sharon - LOVE your Art Charm jewelry! Both pairs of earrings are wonderfully creative, and I'm in love with the bracelet! (p.s. I'm with you, Girl - a charm bracelet isn't a charm bracelet to me unless it's full & lush with all kinds of goodies on it!) Well done!

Sharon Stauffer said...

Christine, thank you so much! I really enjoyed making these. No idea why this is so much fun...but it is.